Annual Eastside Culture Crawl - 2011

I hit up the Eastside Culture Crawl this weekend. Just like every other year I've attended, there were some fantastic pieces of artwork. Here are my favorites of this year.

Out of Hand - oil on canvas 30"x30"

Pilar Mehlis who's work felt like there should be elaborate fairy tales that go along with the whimsical, surreal images. 















"The Shepherd" - oil on canvas 36"x48"


"Bambi"
by Pamela Hudson
Acrylic on Canvas



















Pam Hudson's, artwork is focused on colour and line, had many cute small paintings for show and sale. I loved her paintings of small dogs. 








David T Cho's studio brought me right back to my childhood, watching wrestling in my parents living room with my brothers. The Iron Sheik, Macho Man Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, Mr. Perfect, The Bushwackers, they were all there. I had forgotten my dislike for The Undertaker. It was good to remember. 


tofino sunset, oil on canvas, 72″ x 108″, 2005-2010
Jim Park's work is simple and stunning. I found the sheer size of the work breathtaking, I couldn't help but fall madly in love with this tofino sunset piece. J'adore....





No comments:

Post a Comment